psychopathcity.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

psychopathcity.com
psychopathcity.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Asbergers delusion

Go down

the Asbergers   delusion Empty the Asbergers delusion

Post  johhny peepers Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I recently met this interesting fellow who was diagnosed with Aspergers. He claimed that he was actually a Psychopath, and that he was misdiagnosed. Normally I would pass this off as just some sort of Aspergers based delusion, likely originating from some obsession with Psychopathy, however he did have some interesting arguments which make me question if perhaps such a drastic misdiagnosis is actually possible.

The first thing he pointed out is that when diagnosed, the doctors had taken a great deal of their information from his mother, who seemed rather obsessed with Aspergers. She claims that both he and his father suffer from Aspergers, and that his father's previous abuse to her was just a lack of understanding, and that even him forcing her into a divorce so that he could be with somebody else was all just a lack of understanding of how it's (at least in some ways) socially wrong. My friend claims that she is just in denial and that if his father were to be tested (which he has never been) he'd probably land high as a Psychopath.

But, as my friend points out, the father has not been tested, so the doctors can't tell if either Psychopathy or Aspergers runs in the family. They can only go by guesses made by his mother about his father's apparent condition of Aspergers. Furthermore, since either diagnosis has potential to be passed down to your offspring, Aspergers works as not only an escape goat for the father's spousal abuse, but also for his own scary behaviors, as his mother describes them.

Apparently he shows a great deal of aggression, and hostility. His mother views this as just a lack of understanding of his own emotions and the impacts his actions has on others. He, on the other hand, claims that he's well aware of the effects his actions have, and acts this way to keep his mother "in check" so that he "can have more freedom" as he worded it. Apparently acting this way makes his mother leave him alone more, allowing him to do just about anything out in the open and still not get caught because she's off hiding.

So I'm not going to go into full details, but basically, his mother is obsessed with Aspergers, and before he even had to say a word to any of the doctors, she had already spoke to all the doctors, providing what sounded like reasonable and rational explanations for all his odd actions using the diagnosis of Aspergers. He told me that he just claimed ignorance to the negative impacts of his actions and put on a bit of an innocent act and all the doctors ate it up and labeled him with Aspergers.

He continued to tell me that not only does he understand a lot more than he was credited for understanding, in terms of social situations and such, his real reasons for acting as he does being a lack of care rather than lack of understanding, but he also has done a lot of things that he'd kept well hidden from the doctors and his mother. Apparently he's flashed around 30 random girls on the street (most around age 20), and has conned about 20 random girls into flashing him. I found it a bit odd that he's only been doing 1 sided nudity at a time, and no actual sex, but he said that he's just starting small and building up. Apparently he flashed the 30 girls first, then stopped flashing and started conning people into flashing him, and once he gets bored of that he's gonna start with actual sex, just escalating it slowly so that he can easily change it to something more exciting as he gets bored.

Apparently he also tried to kill his "close friend" (or at lest, the victim thought they were close friends) just to see if he could get away with murder. He said that the victim is still alive, so it would be an attempt of murder charge, but for some reason it got lowered to something else. He didn't go into too much detail here though because the charges are still pending.

As I said at the start, usually I'd just assume it's some type of delusion, but the guy was somehow a bit convincing. I think the attempt of murder thing is what really has me questioning it though. And he didn't seem to feel any guilt, not even about the murder thing. I mean, I'm not looking for somebody to say "Yup, he's a definite Psychopath" or something like that, so I left a good deal of the details out, but I mean, using him as an example, could it actually be possible that a Psychopath could be misdiagnosed as a case of Aspergers?

johhny peepers
johhny peepers
Admin

http://www.psychopathcity.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum